Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Rosemary Potato Soup w/ Crispy Carrots


My husband was home sick today so I decided to boost his spirits by making him homemade soup for dinner. I swayed from Martha today and used a recipe from Better Homes and Gardens December 2011 issue.

1 tbsp butter
1 yellow onion, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut in 2-inch chunks
4 c water
1 spring of fresh rosemary chopped (my variation)
1/3 cup veg oil
4 baby carrots (my variation)
Thanksgiving left over turkey (my variation)

Saute onions in butter until translucent. Add chopped potatoes, salt, and pepper along with 2 c water. Bring to boil and simmer for 20 min covered.

While potatoes are simmering, fry baby carrots ribbons for 2 minutes. Remove from oil and coat with sea salt while on a paper towel.

Mash potatoes, add remaining 2 c of water and bring to a boil then simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.

Serve with cracked pepper and fried carrots on top of the soup. I backed some garlic butter cressant rolls for dipping.

My husband had 2 servings without me pushing him so you know it was good. I only have a little left for lunch tomorrow :-)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the perfect cure for a rainy sick-day at home. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete