Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving AM




Yesterday on my day off I got to see Rachel Ray for the first time. She made homemade mushroom soup for a green bean casserole. She made it look so easy. I forgot to purchase a can of Campbell's soup for my traditional mixed veggie casserole. I didn't have mushrooms so I used onions instead.

Heat olive oil, onions about 5 minutes. Add dry white wine and have most of the liquid evaporate. Then add a little chicken broth, flour, and heavy cream. This is the cream substitute in my veggie casserole.

As for the turkey, I heated olive oil, 7 stings of lemon zest, minced rosemary (from the backyard), and garlic. This is what I'm using to baste the turkey. It is smelling pretty good.

As for the stuffing, I mixed everything together with my homemade bread from yesterday that I left out overnight to let it get hard.

I put the ingredients in the bread machine for the dinner role dough. Can't wait to smell fresh baking bread throughout the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment