Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Prep - Wednesday



As part of my post-college graduation tradition, I host Thanksgiving at my house in Raleigh. I love putting all of the stress on me and making an amazing meal for my loved ones. The first few meals weren't always the best, but they are getting better with experience. I normally take Wednesday off work so I can slowly prep everything.

At 8 AM I poured all of the ingredients into a borrowed (thank you Mom) bread machine for homemade stuffing! No kitchen bought stuffing this year. I'm following Martha's mushroom and walnut stuffing recipe.

Next, I cut up the sweet potatoes and followed Martha's sweet potato casserole, but added a requirement of pecans and brown sugar.

Finally, I followed the canned pumpkin - pumpkin pie recipe and made 2 pies this am. My mom is going to bake the pecan pies (1 traditional and 1 chocolate) tonight because I have never been able to create one that was as good as hers!

Nothing else to do until Thanksgiving day.

No comments:

Post a Comment