Saturday, March 17, 2012

St Patrick's Day



Instead of going to an Irish pub and paying an arm and a leg for an Irish meal on St Patrick's Day, I decided to make our own meal at home.




I added a bag of baby carrots, 1 small sweet onion cut into 1 inch wedges, halved white potatoes and fresh springs of thyme from my garden to the bottom of the crock pot. Then I added the corned beef brisket, fat side up. I sprinked the meat seasoning pack on top. Then I added 1 can of beef broth and added water until it touched the bottom of the beef. I cooked on low for about 6 hours. Then I added 1.5 inch cabbage wedges of cabbage on top of the beef and continued to cook for about 1.5 hours more.

After dinner, I brewed Irish Breakfast Hot Tea with milk and sugar along with a homemade tea cake. I attempted to create a shamrock cut out with paper and sifted powdered sugar on the top of the cake.

This was the first corned beef I actually liked. I hosted my friend, Amy. It was nice sharing some Irish food, from an Irish household!

No comments:

Post a Comment