Friday, July 27, 2012

Egg Bacon Bread with Onion and Spinach

From Everyday Foods, I found this recipe.  It was a very unique way to have breakfast for dinner.

1st I hard boiled eggs and sliced them.  Then I cooked bacon in my dutch oven.  I toasted Italian sliced loaf bread and spread Dijon mustard and sprayed a little olive oil.  I added the sliced eggs and topped with crumbled bacon.

2nd I kept the bacon grease in the dutch oven and cut an onion in half and put the sliced side down in the dutch oven.  I cooked for 5 minutes.  Then I added some chicken broth, flipped the onions over and cooked at 450 in the oven for 15 minutes.

Once the onions were done, I removed them from the dutch oven and added fresh spinach and a little more chicken broth.  I cooked over medium heat until wilted.

This was a very good dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment