Sunday, July 22, 2012

Meatballs with roasted carrots and couscous

I found an old recipe from Everyday.  Since I needed something to entertain me prior to the Bachelorette Finale tonight, I decided to make something with a lot of ingredients.

Carrots:
I sprayed olive oil on 2 servings of baby carrots and sprinkled them with salt and pepper.  Then I roasted them at 450 for 20 minutes, tossing half way through.  

Meatballs:
I combined cumin, coriander, salt, pepper, egg, chopped cilantro, chopped green onion and mixed in 1 lb of 85% ground beef.  I formed about 16 meatballs.  Then I browned them in about 1 tablespoon of olive oil for 8 minutes in a skillet in medium high heat.  Then I added 1/4 cup of water, covered, reduced heat and cooked for 5 minutes on low.

Couscous:
In a sauce pan, I added about 1 tablespoon of olive oil and added the chopped white part of the green onion over medium high heat.  I cooked for about 3 minutes then I added 1 cup of water.  I covered and let it boil.  Then I added 1 cup of couscous.  I mixed, removed from heat and covered for five minutes.  Then I added sliced almonds.

Chili sauce is really good with the meatballs.  I had no idea roasted carrots were so good.  Couscous is only good with butter and zucchini in it (from my Le Cordon Bleu Paris cooking class).

No comments:

Post a Comment