Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My Husband Brought Home Steve Urkel for Dinner


Everyday Food Sept 2011 pg 79 suggested Tuesday's menu be pork chops with plums and whipped potatoes. I was cooking this dish and turn around and there is Steve Urkel in my kitchen. My husband brought him home for dinner. He thinks it's funny to place him around the house and when I walk into a new room the life size cutout makes me jump.

Anyway, I grilled the pork chops instead of cooking in a frying pan. They were really thick bone-in chops and really tough. But the plum/yellow onion combination was delicious over the homemade mashed potatoes. We forgot to pick up salad from the grocery store so I microwaved some frozen green beans and tossed with the white wine vinegar (not very good).

Summary, Mr Urkel is going to have to find a new home and homemade boiled, not microwaved, mashed potatoes with whole milk is really good with cooked plum slices/yellow onions and fresh green onions on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment