Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thai Shrimp Stir-fry


Fish sauce... my husband and I went to Lowes Foods with the Everyday Food grocery list. We had no idea what it was or where to find it. I looked in the seafood section, but just old bay and cocktail sauce. So my husband started googling. It is in the Asian section.

When I was cooking the thai shrimp stir-fry from pg 81 in September 2011 Everyday Food, everything looked good until I opened that fish sauce. It stinks and the whole time I was cooking it, I was nauseous. When I served the food over the rice, I made sure to use a slotted spoon to avoid excess liquid.

The dish was pretty good, but I'm going to throw out the rest of the fish sauce. I don't think I'll be purchasing that again.

Fish Sauce ingredients: anchovies, water, salt, sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment