Sunday, August 14, 2011

Quick Post Church Sunday Lunch


Back in March, I volunteered at UNC-PBS. I was one of the people in between shows answering the telephone for the telethon. I got 2 gifts for my service. 1. a Mama Dip cookbook and 2. a $2.50 off coupon for Cabot Vermont cheese.

Everyday Food's September 2011 issue has an advertisement for Cabot cheese and a recommended recipe. I thought I would cash in my coupon and try out the cheese. I purchased the Seriously Sharp Cheddar Cheese.

I grilled some chicken breats 2 days ago and cut it up.

I boiled some pasta with salt. The last 2 minutes, I added frozen broccoli. Then I drained all but 1/2 cup of water. I added a little olive oil and 2 minced garlic cloves. I let this cook about 10 seconds. Then I added the chicken, pasta/broccoli, and 4 oz of shredded Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar Cheese. Once the cheese melted, I began to serve.

I will keep this in my box of meals under $10 and easy. Try it for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment